Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Awesome Tree

Hi all,
 Back from the Seminar in Rochester Michigan.
It all went well...turned in papers and albums, took some of my
oral exams, organized my math pictures (finally, thank you Brian!)
and presented my philosophy tree! A huge thanks to Jeff at
Young Minds at Play for this custom work and help, including the charts,
interpreting my not so great computer chicken scratch drawings.  Everyone loved the
manipulative "Tree" based on the Montessori Pythagorean plates.
And...the best part is that it will be useful equipment for my
Montessori elementary classroom.  For more of Jeff's gorgeous materials
check him out on www.youngmindsatplay.com
The tree with the outline chart

The finished tree built out

The tree before staining with Miss Kathleen

1 comment:

  1. We sure had fun building it today! Anson will love doing Montessori, he caught on quicker than I thought he would. Thanks for letting us use it before we go.

    ReplyDelete